PayID is a convenient payment system offered by CommBank (Commonwealth Bank of Australia) that allows you to send and receive money using a registered mobile number or email address. However, if you no longer wish to use PayID or need to remove it for any reason, this guide will walk you through the process step by step.
Please note that the following instructions are specifically for removing PayID from CommBank accounts in Australia.
Steps to Remove PayID CommBank:
- Log in to your CommBank account:
- Open the CommBank mobile app or visit the CommBank website on your computer.
- Enter your username and password to log in to your account.
- Access the PayID settings:
- Once you’re logged in, navigate to the “Settings” or “Profile” section of your CommBank account.
- Look for the “PayID” or “Payment Settings” option and click on it.
- Locate the PayID to be removed:
- In the PayID settings, you should see a list of all the PayIDs linked to your CommBank account.
- Identify the PayID you want to remove from the list. It may be associated with your mobile number or email address.
- Select the PayID for removal:
- Click on the PayID you wish to remove. This will open a new page or display additional options.
- Remove the PayID:
- On the PayID details page, look for the option to remove or delete the PayID.
- Click on the “Remove” or “Delete” button/link to initiate the removal process.
- Confirm the removal:
- A confirmation prompt will typically appear to ensure you want to proceed with removing the PayID.
- Read the confirmation message carefully to avoid accidental removal of the wrong PayID.
- If you are certain, click “Confirm” or a similar button to finalize the removal.
- Verification and completion:
- After confirming, CommBank may require additional authentication to ensure the removal is authorized.
- Follow the provided instructions to complete any necessary verification steps.
- Once the verification process is successfully completed, the PayID will be removed from your CommBank account.
- Verify the PayID removal:
- To ensure the PayID has been successfully removed, go back to the PayID settings or check the list of PayIDs associated with your account.
- The PayID you removed should no longer be listed.
Conclusion: By following these steps, you can easily remove a PayID associated with your CommBank account in Australia. If you encounter any difficulties or have further questions, it is recommended to reach out to CommBank’s customer support for assistance. Remember that removing a PayID will prevent you from receiving payments through that particular identifier, so consider the implications before proceeding with the removal.