Using PayID in Melbourne works similarly to using it elsewhere in Australia. It allows for a simplified and quicker way to send and receive money without needing to remember BSB and account numbers. Here is a general step-by-step guide on how to use PayID, but note that the exact procedure might vary depending on the bank you use.
Setting up PayID
- Log into Your Online Banking: Open the mobile app or log into your bank’s website.
- Locate PayID Settings: Go to the ‘Payments’, ‘Transfers’, or ‘Settings’ menu, depending on your bank’s user interface, and find the option to set up or manage PayID.
- Select Identifier: Choose the type of identifier you want to use for your PayID. This could be your mobile phone number, email address, or another form permitted by your bank.
- Verify Your Identity: After you’ve selected your identifier, you’ll usually be asked to verify it through a text message or email containing a verification code.
- Link to Account: Once verified, link your PayID to your preferred bank account.
- Confirmation: Your bank will confirm that your PayID has been successfully set up.
Making a Payment Using PayID
- Go to Payments: Log into your bank app or website and go to the payment or transfer section.
- Enter PayID: Choose to make a payment via PayID and enter the recipient’s PayID identifier (either a mobile number, email, etc.)
- Confirm Details: The name of the PayID owner should appear. Confirm that it is the correct recipient.
- Enter Amount: Input how much money you wish to transfer.
- Finalize Payment: Review all details one final time and confirm the payment.
- Confirmation: You’ll typically receive a confirmation message or email saying the payment has been successful.
Remember to always double-check the details before finalizing any transactions and consult your bank’s specific guidelines for using PayID.